Seeking qualified applicants for an Executive Director for the Greater Franklin County Chamber of Commerce – this position is hired by and is responsible to the chamber’s Board of Directors. The director is responsible for the day-to-day management of all chamber functions and carrying out policies and duties established by the board through an annual program of action.
The Executive Director’s responsibility is to support the Chamber in the following key areas:
• Develop and supervise an effective program of membership development and membership services
• Establish administrative policies and procedures for office functions
• Develop relationships through the following ways: (1) seeking regular contact with the board of directors and its committees (2) working cooperatively with units of local government and other local partner agencies (3) maintaining contact with regional, state and national organizations and the general membership to the extent needed for program objectives and (4) maintaining appropriate relationships with other associations and vendors to enhance the image of the Chamber
• Recruit, hire and develop staff through direction, coaching, training, support and delegation of responsibilities.
• Support the legislative involvement and engagement of members of the Chamber
• Develop and conduct education programs to advance the professional, technical and managerial skills of the membership
Qualification Requirements / Performance Standards
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent listening and professional customer service skills
• Ability to prioritize manage multiple tasks with strong organizational skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to be flexible and accept new responsibilities
• Experience in non-profit organization fund raising & event planning a plus
• Experience in previous Chamber positions a plus
• Proficiency in utilizing the internet, Microsoft Word, excel, PPT, Publisher, Google Drive, and Google Mail, Email Marketing Platforms, and social media in a professional setting
• Proficiency in quick Books online
We have an excellent working environment and offer salary that is based on experience and accomplishments. If you possess the required experience and qualifications and want the challenge of growing with our organization then contact the following for an application: (919)-556-7656 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax (919)-556-7646.
Application Deadline 3/20/2019112 East Nash Street, Louisburg, North Carolina 27549